Thursday, March 23, 2006

Weight Loss & Affirmations

What messages are you sending to the Universe about your weight problem? Do you look in the mirror and say, "I'm sooooo fat," like I did pretty much every day? Whatever you think or say, beginning with the words I AM, is an affirmation.

I am sooooooo fat!!!
I am never going to lose this weight!!!
I am a compulsive eater and I'll be this way forever!!!

What I didn't realize is, when I made statements like this, I was telling the Universe that I wanted MORE of these things. Whatever I affirmed, I got MORE of. MORE body fat. MORE weight plateaus. MORE compulsive eating.

Finally, I realized this wasn't what I REALLY wanted. I began to ACT AS IF what I wanted was already here, by thinking and saying new affirmations.

I am in the healthy body of my dreams!!!
I am easily and safely losing excess weight!!!
I am an intuitive eater and I'll be this way forever!!!

This might seem a bit like "magic." It's not. Affirmations are amazingly powerful. More so than any "magic pill."

So... what are YOUR affirmations?

No comments: