Friday, March 03, 2006

Trusting Intuition for Weight Loss

Hi. I'm back. It's been a while since my last entry ... I have been busy going through my old journals to find some good reflections to share with you about my struggles and successes in overcoming obesity and eating disorders. Stay tuned for this content, coming very soon! Meanwhile, I thought you might appreciate a poem I wrote about trusting intuition. That can be a hard thing to do, when you're so used to looking outside yourself to diets to tell you what to eat. But your answers are within. This poem is excerpted from my first book, Dr. Dorie's "Don't Diet" Book (Positive Pathways Press, 1988), p. 45:

I have memories as a child of going on trust walks
Blindfolded, I was led by the hand
The leader served as my eyes for I could not see
I was guided across the land

I had to place my faith and trust in my leader
If I was to move at all
By letting go of her hand and going on my own
I would just stumble and fall

There are times when we all need guidance.
We're on a trust walk again,
But now the leader is not outside of us
Our guide is within

Although the way may not seem clear at times
Know that the direction is true
If you trust in yourself you will see
Your path is there in front of you

No comments: